Need of security for living in this cyber world5 min read
In recent days, people were not allowed to leave their houses and go out due to a deadly virus. If this had happened 20 years ago, then most of the businesses should have gone bankrupt. This is because at that time there was no proper means of communication among officers or workers, but we live in 2021 now. Technology is at its peak. We have many sources of communication which can fulfill the lack of communication among the workers. Technology is so fast today that a person can talk to his client, friend, relatives, or his associates by sitting in every corner of the world via phone call or via video call, but the risk at your privacy is also increasing day by day. People are often attacked by hackers or viruses which affect their system badly. That’s why it is very important to have app security in your system today. Mobile phones are now a part of our life and a person should do everything so that he could protect his data. Appsealing can help a user by protecting his or her data from various types of malicious attacks which are present on the internet these days.
Different types of threats present on the internet
Internet may be one of the most important inventions by a man today but their different types of viruses or hackers, present on this platform which can attack your system badly. Some of these threats are given in the following points-
- Malware is a type of threat that can affect you in different ways. Malware is a type of application that is developed by a cybercriminal in such a way that it directly affects the performance of the system. It can affect devices like PCs, mobiles, and even servers too. now people may wonder how can this threat enter into our system? The answer is simple; it can be downloaded from a non-trustable site. The most important thing about this threat is that the user is never aware when this software is installed into their system. The best way to protect your system against this threat is to install good antivirus software into your device or system.
- The next type of threat is cross-site scripting. This is a type of threat that affects a website. This threat can enter your website via codes or malicious scripting without even attacking the site. This means that the website administrator would never know when this threat has entered his or her site. The cybercriminal using this threat can easily steal user’s personal information like security codes and card information. This can affect the reputation of the site. To prevent these types of attracts a person must use best coding practices and escaping functions for his or her website.
- Phishing is a type of attack used by sharp-minded cybercriminals. Some cybercriminals know that people are now much aware of the malicious attacks via mail or on a website. That’s why they are opting for new ways to attack the user. Phishing is a way in which an attacker sends mail to a user in form of a help letter with a website link in it. most of the users are trapped in these links as when they click on this site, they are taken to a website that looks professional but it is a copy of another website. An innocent user will give his personal information on the website which will help a criminal to attack that user.
- Sometimes in a mobile or a pc system, there is a vulnerability that occurs due to the software or the hardware of the system. This threat sometimes remains undetected by the security system. This means one window is left open for the cybercriminals in which they can enter your system easily. This window is called a zero-day attack. In this state, a person may not even know how much his privacy is at risk. Any type of virus can enter the system and can steal a lot of personal data including card details and security pins. For prevention of this state, a person must prevent bugs and vulnerable codes.
- Some people may not know this but if a person keeps a weak password then he is indirectly inviting hackers to take control over his or her system. People sometimes apply the password which given by the computer or the site itself. This thing can lead to dangerous attacks on your system. This is because it is easy for hackers to hack the passwords provided by the system. That’s why it is suggested always try to keep a password tough enough so that no one can even hack into your system.
- One of the most dangerous types of attack is the man in the middle attack. The name of the attack describes the type of attack this can do to your system. In this, a hacker traces or listens to the conversation between the client and the user. In this conversation, a hacker can attack the system of the innocent user as he or she doesn’t even know when the attack has happened to them. This attack is considered dangerous because it not only can steal the data of the user but also spoil the reputation of a well-renowned company.
So it can be concluded that nowadays a security system is a must in every system today, this is because cybercriminals just need a small window from an innocent user. If that window is found open, then the user can lose all of his data easily. Cybercrime is increasing day by day; more people are getting affected by these criminals. This is why even the government is taking strict actions on these criminals who steal data from the people. As the world is now changing from cash to cashless life, people should be aware of this cybercrime. We all know that most people now do everything on their smartphones and the owner of the person only knows how much private data he has stored on his or her smartphone.